Tuesday, December 2, 2008

scallop trees


I've seen so many cute scallop punch ideas, and just loved this tree as well. I used the Stampin' Up! Holiday Treasures DSP for the tree and Chocolate Chip cardstock for the trunk (with the word window punch). I stacked all the scallops up and poked a hole in the center, then cut from the end of one scallop to the center, counted 5 scallops and cut to the center again. This makes the bottom layer of the tree. Counting out 4 scallops and cutting again, then 3, and stacking each diminishing layer, leaves you with 2 for the top. I added the "trunk" and voila, a cute little tree! I'm going to be using these to make some post it note holders that I saw somewhere else (if it's you, let me know and I'll add your credits). I'll post those when I get them made. I'm taking these down to my sister in Clovis, CA this coming weekend for her gift boutique in her store, All of Me.

1 comment:

Patty Bennett said...

What a FABULOUS forest you have there! :) Patty