I also used the now retired Form and Function background stamp to stamp the front of the tin with Not Quite Navy craft ink, then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I haven't found anything that will keep embossing powder off the rest of the tin (I cleaned it with alcohol and used the embossing buddy), but since it's clear, it looks fine. Using the heat tool on metal gets really hot though, so be careful if you attempt it.
For my final attempt to make it as guyish as possible, I die cut Jason's initials using the tag shaped self adhesive die cuts in the Tailor Made SS kit with the Serif Essentials alphabet and also in kraft cardstock, so I could float the letters on the belly band. I was happy with how it turned out. Not girly at all.