Monday, March 23, 2009

scallop envelope purse

I was going through a lot of email the other day, and I saw something like this, but when I went to recreate it, I couldn't find the post, or remember exactly how it was put together, so I made it up from there. I started with 2 scallop envelope die cuts, cut the bottom tab down to about an inch, then added a strip 1 1/2" wide along the sides. I used sticky strip on the envelope tabs, and it came together easily. I added the word window punch to the front of the purse with 2 brads, and then added another word window punch to the center of the back of the purse with a mini glue dot and another brad. I pinched the sides in to get a crease, but in the future, I'd probably try to do that before putting it together. I think it would look neater. The purse was a little bulky and wouldn't stay closed just by tucking the tab through the front, so I added another brad so it would catch on the cardstock. It stays together nicely now. I want to try this in a few more colors and a couple of other textures and probably in some DSP as well. I'll let you know what I come up with. I attached the grosgrain ribbon (from SAB) with a couple of coordinating brads. Too cute!

No comments: