Sunday, December 14, 2008

fast, easy & inexpensive

what could be better. These took no time at all, and I think they'll make great little gifts. I made a bunch of these with Stampin' Up! Holiday Treasures and Ski Slope DSP, and took them down to my sister. Then I realized I needed something for my co-workers, so I used more of the papers from Patty's 6x6 DSP split! Those are really coming in handy, and they are a great size for making almost anything! I got my paper pads at Staples, and they are 5" across, so I cut a 2" x 5" strip to adhere across the top, and attached it with Sticky Strip. I put one sticky strip on the front of the pad, then put the other on the paper, so I could line it up on the pad, crease the paper around the top, then release the other, once I had it all perfect.
For the pen, I used a strip of DSP that was 3 1/4" x 1", rolled it around a skewer, then put in in the barrel of the pen.
I love these pens, they're the only ones I've found that unscrew at the bottom so you can insert paper.
You can make 2 sets with one 6x6 piece of paper, plus an extra pen if you want! Pretty efficient, I think.

No comments: