Saturday, June 27, 2009

stair step card #1

I've never made a stair step card, but once I got started I had to make 3, it's that addictive. It's a very simple process: start with cardstock cut to 5"x10 1/2", then score at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 4 1/4", 6", and 8 1/4" and accordian fold the paper so you have 3 peaks and 2 valleys. Then you can do pretty much anything to decorate. My first card uses the Tall Tales DSP and the Animal Stories stamp set. I cut a couple of images out of the DSP and layered them onto the different levels of the card base, then took one part of the DSP and ran it through the big shot with the top note die for my "backdrop". I stamped the giraffe with the versamark technique and cut him out, and that pretty much finished this card. I used the gorgeous rich razzleberry cardstock for this one.

No comments: