Friday, April 29, 2011

oops

I just made these bookmarks from the new flower fest stamp set (available in the summer mini) and they were fun to put together. of course when I was finished I realized I had made them all upside down, since you should view them when they are hanging out of the book and not looking at them straight on! oops... thankfully the control freak swap group has a bunch of classy ladies who haven't pointed that out to me (or, my pink slip is in the mail LOL). this is what I was working on when I realized we could make similar things that the fun flowers die made while waiting for it (on backorder). I added vintage tags, buttons from the regals, brights and subtles collections, the twine (which was knotting up until I made the holder), and rhinestones as dew drops on the lattice embossed leaves. I never seem to go for the in colors as much, so it was good to use pear pizzazz (sponged with old olive to tie it in with the olive grosgrain ribbon) on the leaves, and for the flowers I used blushing bride, peach parfait and poppy parade. I had to mix up the colors a little (instead of all one color for the whole swap) so I could get as many button combinations out of what I ordered, rather than having to order 20 containers of the same thing (I still ordered 7). plus I think it looks pretty as a whole "meadow" of flowers! I decorated both sides, with the buttons and tag on one side and the button and twine bow on the other. I just thought it looked unfinished otherwise, but practically speaking, if you were using it for a bookmark, being flatter would make more sense. SO, the next thing is to figure out what a double sided, upside down bookmark can really be used for, except just something pretty to look at! hope you enjoy, and learn from my mistakes.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You are very funny - had you not said anything, I would never have guessed! They are beautiful and I'm sure you will not be kicked out of you group - well,sure hope not!!! I do agree that you could have saved some time/money by doing only one side but I'm sure the people who received them will use them anyway and appreciate your time and creativeness - great idea!