Tuesday, March 1, 2011

pattern pieces

I try to use 100% SU! when I can, but I was out looking for tissue paper that was about the same color as sewing pattern pieces and time was running out. it was christmas time and everything had a pattern on it (not the right kind of pattern - reindeer, snowflakes - you get the picture). so my solution was to use white tissue paper that I spritzed with alcohol and crumb cake reinker. I also added a little spritz of soft suede reinker with alcohol (I think that part was way too subtle). if anyone wants to try coloring tissue, it's super fast and easy, but you should use smaller, easier to handle pieces of tissue. I did it with full sheets, and once it was wet with alcohol, it took on a life of its own! I tore a little, but I had so much it didn't matter. once it dried I stamped it with the pattern pieces stamp in basic black, then cut it out. these looked so cute in my pile, light and airy! dumb things make me happy. I used 1/2 of the pattern, and crinkled it up for dimension. too cute!

No comments: