Friday, November 14, 2008

faux silk




these cards are from the Oakland Regional earlier this year, but I wanted to try my hand at faux silk after attending one of Patty Bennett's classes. I also wanted to make some really cool card candy, so I made 4 different embellishments, using a bunch o' punches! Having to make so many cards, I found it was easiest for me to stamp the Baroque Motifs swirl on the tissue, then apply it to an entire sheet of cardstock with our SU! Anywhere Glue Stick. When it was dry, I cut the cardstock down to individual card size, and made each card from there. Super fast and easy! There are a few retired items in these cards, the ribbon (which I love, and would love to have back) and the soft sky cardstock, which was one of my favorites (did I ever tell you I have a hard time letting go?).

No comments: