here's my take on the medallion wreaths that are popular now, and shown in the SU! holiday mini catalog. I was inspired by cindee wilkinson's gorgeous wreath (www.justspongeit.blogspot.com), and she encouraged me to make a holiday one. I used the holly berry bouquet dsp in the holiday mini and some first edition dsp, since they'd used that in the christmas box kit SU! gave to us if we had a recruit in july. I have a few things that I need to share from that give away, but those will be in future posts. all my medallions are scored in 1/2" increments, and I used the small cropadile hole punch and tied them off based on heather summers' brilliant video (www.stampwithheather.typepad.com) on how to keep them together with out having them "pop". my strips were all various widths, 1/2", 1", 1 1/2" and 2". most were snailed together to end up with a 24" long strip, but there are a few that I did as 12" strips. those medallions end up more open, and you can see the paper more easily.
I stacked the medallions and staggered them to cover the base more evenly, adding northern frost and snowflake #2 die cuts randomly, since that's what snowflakes do :)
for the base, I used the carboard that was in the flirtatious dsp pack. it's thicker than the white cardboard, and was still easy to cut, but is definitely strong enough. I added a piece of dsp to the cardboard with our anywhere glue stick to blend in with the rest of the wreath (in case there were "bald spots"), then cut it down to 10" x 12". I made the frame 2 1/2" wide all around and cut the center out. pretty easy! the medallions take a little time, but the whole thing came together very quickly once that was done.