Monday, September 5, 2011

holiday mini swap


for the life of me I could NOT get a good photo of this card, but it's pretty darn cute in person if I do say so myself!  I used real red on the base and always artichoke for the next layer embossed with the new snow burst embossing folder available in the mini catalog.  I also embossed a separate red oval with polka dots for the center of the frame made with the GORGEOUS silver glimmer paper.  I stamped stitched stockings in always artichoke ink ON always artichoke cardstock, and then punched it out with the new stinkin' cute stocking builder punch, then re-punched holly berry bouquet dsp for the toe, heel and cuff.  I added bakers twine at the top and to give it a little EXTRA charm, jingle bells on the ends.  they are so cute!  I ripped a line of mini glue dots, about 10 at a time to be manageable, then put the bells on each glue dot individually.  when you pick up the strip to use them, they really jingle pretty well.  I had to smile while I made this card!!!  hope you enjoy it too!  now I have to figure out what to do with the silver glimmer paper left over ovals!  can't be a bad thing...

No comments: