Wednesday, August 31, 2011

aloha

tonight I was playing with the small oval punch (I think it's the one that retired) and the owl punch, and I came up with this hawaiian inspired card.  I stacked the small oval halves in early espresso and chocolate chip to make the trunk of the tree, and cut snippets out of the always artichoke ovals for fronds.  I punched a 1 3/4" circle in so saffron and sponged it with pumpkin pie for the setting sun.  the card is daffodil, pool party and sahara sand.  I used beyond the garden dsp for the bra (cut from the largest circle in the owl punch) and I used the flower trio punch (also retired, but you could use the itty bitty flower shape) for the lei.  I randomly snipped fringe for the skirt.  instead of trying to glue those tiny pieces for the pupils of the eyes, I used a permanent black marker on some pearls and added those.  hope you like it.  I miss hawaii, so whenever I can take myself back there, it's always a good memory!

2 comments:

Heather Sewczak said...

OMgoodness! These are adorable! Thank you so much for sharing!!! Smiles, Heather

Peg said...

These "Lu-Owls" are Adorable! I love them!!